Kelvingrove Hotel ... Location
| Kelvingrove Hotel
| Map & Directions
From Glasgow International Airport
Guests can travel via taxi, bus or car from the airport. A Taxi
will cost around £18 to the hotels door.
The frequent airport bus
(number 747) will cost £4 for a single and £5 for an open return. Guests should ask the driver to be let off at Kelvingrove Park. Our stop is not listed although it would be between Charing Cross and Partick bus station stops on the timetable
If arriving by car guests should follow the directions below:
1. Follow signs for M8 East – Signposted “city centre”
2. Follow M8 until “Kingston Bridge” (“junction 19” on the motorway). Move into furthest left lane and follow the slip road signposted “Charing Cross”
3. Move to left lane and as you reach the traffic lights at the end of slip road turn left into “Pitt Street”
4. Once you reach the traffic lights at the top of the hill, turn left into “St. Vincent Street”
5. Follow the road until the next set of lights while remaining in the straight ahead lane and follow on until the road curves right at another set of lights (a police station will be on your left hand side).
6. After lights turn right into “Kelvingrove Street” then turn left onto Sauchiehall Street at the T- junction. You will see the hotel on your left hand side.
From the M8 motorway
1. From M8 motorway take junction 18 – signposted “Charing Cross” and as you come off move over to the right hand side lane. Go through first set of traffic lights and turn right at the second set.
2. Keep to the left lane and drive through the next set of traffic lights and follow road until bottom.
3. Follow road around to the right and once you arrive at the junction turn left onto “Sauchiehall Street”. The hotel is 600 yards on the right hand side of the road.
You can park for free outside the hotel after 6pm and on weekends however out with these times, outside the hotel and in surrounding streets a ‘pay and display’ system will be in operation. Parking discount vouchers are available at reception on request.
The Kelvingrove hotel is around 20 minutes walk if coming from the city centre, however a taxi fare or all day bus ticket would cost between £3-4. The nearest subway/ underground station to the hotel is “Kelvin hall” which is 10 minutes walking distance – an all day “discovery ticket” on the Glasgow underground will cost around £2.50.